Pogoman GO!

by Jack Welch and Ben Collins-Sussman

Go to the game's main page

Pokecraze satire, September 11, 2017
by namekuseijin (anywhere but home)
This is not interactive fiction. It is a humorous satire of an immensely shallow mobile game/spyware that took the world by storm a few months ago and that pretty much faded into oblivion ever since. And while I did enjoy the satire aspect and humor very much, it still plays out just as shallowly and repetitive as the game it took for inspiration, so I just couldn't bother to go on and catch'em all let alone go into the Nyantech HQs and do whatever it was supposed to happen.

Didn't like that excuse for a game, didn't dig this excuse for an IF. :)

perhaps I'm missing something extra, like in Cadre's Nameless, Endless? if so, I may well revise it, but I won't hold my breath...

OK, REVISION PENDING:

ok, almost a year ago it seems like I reviewed it before even entering the Nyantech HQ. Since I hate Pokemon, I ended up hating this one too just for its subject matter, but I should know better to expect sheer brilliance from the same duo from Rover's Day Out, Hoosegow and others. Game's well worth it, just laugh your way with the satire until you get more proper IF from inside the building.

sorry for the initial rant

Comments on this review

Previous | << 1 >> | Next

Emily Short, October 23, 2016 - Reply
Yeah, you are missing a significant portion of the game.
dutchmule, October 23, 2016 - Reply
Things get less repetitive (and more like traditional IF) once you enter Nyantech HQ :) It keeps a satirical tone about 2016 things throughout, but yes, the first part of the game is pretty much all about catching some Pogomen.
Previous | << 1 >> | Next