Hugo file
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Hugo interpreter - visit the Hugo home page for download links.

Renga in Four Parts

by Jason Dyer

Poetry

This is interactive poetry: you can type particular words that occur in the text, or words that are implied. You can be entirely experiential and use word-association. Keep in mind that what you type is much a part of the poem as the verse.

>kite

Development System: Hugo
IFID: HUGO-30-5E-29-04-07-14
TUID: fxdvtfimtdlq9tsu

A thoughtful and well-implemented poetry exercise, June 5, 2017
This game is based off of the japanese idea of Renga, which was itself the inspiration for Haiku.

In this game, you type keywords to form a poem. The game is quite adaptive, allowing you type all sorts of things.

This same adaptiveness makes it difficult to know how much in control you are. Typing Z over and over again will give you just fine poetry, but you can also directly influence it. This reminds me the most of Mirror and Queen.

If you enjoyed Renga in Four Parts...

People who like Renga in Four Parts also gave high ratings to these games:

If I Wasn't Shy, by Joey Jones
"I kinda just sit at the checkout, and the place isn't even all that busy. So why'd you want to play a game about my life? I mean, it's not terrible but it would be so much more if I wasn't shy." (Part of Apollo 18+20: The IF Tribute...

The Tunnel, by Natalia Theodoridou
She will never lie to you. A young couple on a train journey across Europe enter a tunnel that is much longer than they thought.

The Sound of One Hand Clapping, by Erica Sadun

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Jason Dyer on 5 June 2014 at 12:13am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item