Venus Meets Venus

by kaleidofish

Two women meet in a bar. This is not a love story.

(Mature content warning.)

First Publication Date: October 1, 2014
TUID: fbvvkywbvcovbinl

Nominee, Best Story; Nominee, Best Individual NPC; Nominee, Best Individual PC - 2014 XYZZY Awards

13th Place - 20th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2014)

Emily Short's Interactive Storytelling
Venus Meets Venus is a largely linear Twine story about a romantic and sexual relationship (though it is very clear on not being a love story). I read it through to the end.

If you enjoyed Venus Meets Venus...

People who like Venus Meets Venus also gave high ratings to these games:

Tonight Dies the Moon, by Tom McHenry
From the author of HORSE MASTER: THE GAME OF HORSE MASTERY, comes a Twine game about life during war between the Earth and Moon in the year 2000. Fall in love, subsistence farm, make spreadsheets, and wear colorful jumpsuits!

The King of Shreds and Patches, by Jimmy Maher
January 14th Dear friend. My sojourn in parts foreign is at an ende. I am at lodgings in Southwark not far from the bridge at Stoney Street, come dine with me two days hence to ring in the newe year. I have not enjoyed amiable English...

Jacqueline, Jungle Queen!, by Steph Cherrywell

The following polls include votes for Venus Meets Venus:

For Your Consideration: Games from 2014 that should be nominated for the XYZZY Awards by Molly
There were a lot of great games released in the past year, and now that the XYZZYs are coming up, it seems like a very good idea to take a poll of all the games from last year people would like to see nominated. The management has asked...

PC's personality integrated with the story by JasonMel
I would like to be able to recommend to someone many examples of interactive fiction in which the player character is far from a cipher or an everyman or everywoman, but is instead a character with a definite personality within a game...

Romance Games by Molly
In honor of Valentine's Day, I'm looking for games that deal with romance and relationships.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Jason McIntosh on 22 November 2014 at 11:03pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item