Don't Pee Yourself.z8

Don't Pee Yourself!

by Hulk Handsome profile

Slice of life
2011

The aim of this game is to pee in the toilet!

A satirical (and crude) take on the pedantic and often tedious nature of IF, in addition to pointing out how bad we are at performing everyday actions when we have to actually think about them.

TUID: f9jkiwt1ae9g5c1g

News

Pee yourself again! April 25, 2012
Expand all | Add a news item

Auntie Pixelante
hulk handsome’s don’t pee yourself is reminiscent of don’t shit your pants, the stupid-smart game about achievements that was regretfully cold-shouldered out of its rightful place in the igf. while both games dabble in the teach-the-robot-to-make-a-sandwich absurdity of adventure game logic, i think don’t pee yourself gets a lot out of the ambiguity of the text-only format.

The Indie Shelter

Wow, una avventura testuale! Non dobbiamo pisciarci addosso e siamo davanti alla porta chiusa del bagno. Una emozionante avventura che ci farà provare la difficoltà e la sofferenza di chi deve affrontare una delle prove più difficili della giornata. Riusciremo ad urinare senza farcela addosso?

Oops, peed myself!, October 30, 2011
The plotline takes the word "minimalism" to whole new level: you have to do nothing else but peeing. But still, having lost this game a handful of times indicates it's small and prosaical task is not a simple one.
Don't Pee Yourself! reminds us the difference between IF and reality by calling attention on automated actions that are sometimes, well, automated by the various systems used on this genre.
Each playtime is very short -- one minute or two --, but you will have to play it more than once.

A great game for two in the morning., October 30, 2011
Very short, the title says it all. If you aren't looking for crude satire and facts about urination, don't bother with this one. If you are looking for a few moments entertainment, this is perfect. Each time you lose you get a little factoid to make the pain of loss less frustrating. I might recommend this game to my less mature friends.

Good for a laugh, April 26, 2012
by Rymbeld (Greensboro, NC)
I admit that I did laugh while playing this game. If it is of any significance, it is as a "commentary" on the frustration of old text adventures (Jeremy Douglass calls it "frustration aesthetics"). I mean, pretty much you just have to go pee. The problem is figuring out what you need to do to pee, since the game doesn't tell you this until you pee yourself and you fail. But every time you fail, you learn one new thing about the PC.

Of course, in actuality the game is pretty stupid and juvenile. You might laugh, but then forget about it. It is taking me longer to write this review than to play through the game to completion.

If you enjoyed Don't Pee Yourself!...

Other members recommend these games for people who like Don't Pee Yourself!, or gave both high ratings:

Don't Shit Your Pants, by Kenny Lee and Teddy Lee

Dig My Grave, by Ryan Veeder
For reasons which remain obscure, it is your job to dig a grave. Written for the Apollo 18+20 tribute album project.

Marble Madness, by Emily Short

Don't Pee Yourself! appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Funny Games by Ivanr
Okay, this is purely subjective, but since really successful comedy is so rare in IF I thought I'd collect what I consider to be the successes. Each of these is a game that made me grin. (To avoid killing any frogs, the commentary here...

Recommended List by CharlietheSpiffy

The following polls include votes for Don't Pee Yourself!:

Trying to find a good comedy. by H. W. Wiliams
I'm hoping to find a good comedy IF title. I've been away for a while and want a good laugh before I head back to work. Any suggestions?

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Jonathan Blask on 4 February 2017 at 12:53pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item