ChoiceScript Interactive Tutorial

by Lynnea Glasser profile

educational

ChoiceScript is a game-writing tool that creates choice and variable-based games, but like any game-writing tool, it can be intimidating for new authors, and perhaps have some nuance that even old hands could use help keeping straight.

This Interactive ChoiceScript Tutorial offers users a tutorial with everything from a top-down visualization of ChoiceScript, to descriptions with examples of all the commands, to common mistakes, to common templates, to interpretations of error messages, and even contains writing, editing, and testing tips.

Because this tutorial is interactive, users can either go through a guided tutorial, or jump around to find exactly what they need. Both options offer users targeted important information, with the chance to skim or skip over the extra information.

First Publication Date: March 31, 2016
TUID: f1wvils11us5tpw

Brilliant Interactive Resource, March 22, 2016
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
As someone just starting with ChoiceScript, I'm alternately giddy with its simplicity and stumped by some bit of trickiness. This Twine walks you through the basics as well as some moderate-skill code examples such as how to handle letting the reader choose genders for themselves and NPCs, easy ways to create a repeating hub with variable text, and the use of the testing routines provided by ChoiceScript.

If you enjoyed ChoiceScript Interactive Tutorial...

People who like ChoiceScript Interactive Tutorial also gave high ratings to these games:

Quing's Quest VII: The Death of Videogames!, by Dietrich Squinkifer (Squinky)
You are a young monarch of mysterious and indistinct gender, valiantly trying to survive exile from your home planet -- or whatever's left of it since the invasion, anyway.

Target: Cynthia - Chapter 1, by Cynthia Dawn
Name: Alex Tait Occupation: Assassin Target: Cynthia Dawn. The Author.

I'm Really Sorry About That Thing I Said When I Was Tired and/or Hungry, by Dietrich Squinkifer (Squinky)
"I'm Really Sorry About That Thing I Said When I Was Tired and/or Hungry" is a mostly-autobiographical story of how it was like growing up among several different cultures and not really fitting into any of them.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Lynneaglasser on 7 April 2016 at 6:25pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item