Cheesed Off!
Browser version.

Cheesed Off!

by Hulk Handsome profile

Humor

An entry in the First Quadrennial Ryan Veeder Exposition for Good Interactive Fiction.

This is a punny game where you solve puzzles with cheese.

Mr. Veeder said the following about it: "Doesn't have much going on, but it made me laugh" (quote may not be accurate). Coincidentally, this is also how Hulk Handsome's dates describe him. Except for the bit about making them laugh.

First Publication Date: March 14, 2016
TUID: f1su3oa3uca0wtwg

6th Place - First Quadrennial Ryan Veeder Exposition for Good Interactive Fiction

A pun-based cheese game, March 17, 2016
In this game, you have a huge inventory of cheeses that you carry into six or seven rooms. Each room has a setup missing one thing; you have to place the correct cheese in the setting to create a pun.

Overall, I found the game to be funny and the puns amusing. Occasionally the puns were strained, so I just tried each cheese in turn. Also, there were occasional bugs (well, I just had one, if you try to give something to the punster).

Overall, a fun snack for fans of wordplay and puns.

Note that this is from Veeder Comp, a competition designed purely to please Ryan Veeder, who organized the competition. This explains the references to Ryan.

Cheese and puns, March 16, 2016
by Robin Johnson (Scotland)
If you like cheese and puns, you will like this game. It is a series of fairly simple puzzles involving (some rather contrived) cheese homonyms. Just missing a few classics - for example, you have Mascarpone, but you don't get the chance to hide a horse behind it.

If you enjoyed Cheesed Off!...

People who like Cheesed Off! also gave high ratings to these games:

Florida Road Trip, by Mooeena
Florida isn't just beaches and palm trees. Find out for yourself what you can see out the car window. Guarantee a unique road trip every time. Can be played in under 5 minutes.

My Evil Twin, by Carl Muckenhoupt
After last night's all-nighter (I had an important report to do for work), I intended to sleep all through the day. But I can't afford to do that. Somewhere out there, my evil twin is plying his schemes, and I'm the only one who can stop...

Weird City Interloper, by C.E.J. Pacian
An interactive tale of strange conspiracy. Pull up your hood, lower your gaze and enter the city of Zendon. If you can gather enough information, you may just be able to change the course of history. (Weird City Interloper is a shallow...

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Hulk Handsome on 16 March 2016 at 7:46am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item