Play in browser
Open with Twine

And the Robot Horse You Rode in On

by Anna Anthropy

Western

Diode emerges from the porta-tent, yawning and cracking open a canteen. She takes a long swig. "Evening, bandita." Then she comes over to you and plants her foot on the top of your head.

"iíll be honest: i made this whole game just so i could write a scene where a girl licks water off the foot of another girl while buried to her neck in the desert. but then i asked myself: why is this girl buried to her neck in the desert? such questions are the seeds of stories." - Anna Anthropy

First Publication Date: February 11, 2013
TUID: enoy8dnveyic48ei

Great use of choice, January 8, 2014
by Chad Comeau (Canada)
Fun and interesting story!

I was pleasantly surprised at how choice affected the narrative in this game. It's awesome when interactivity and narrative come together to form new plot devices. Definitely got me thinking differently about IF.

The experience is also quite polished: the text is large and easy to read, and the background images help set the tone. Anna's signature style is prominent, which is a good thing for fans of her other work.

One of my favourite Twine games as of yet.

If you enjoyed And the Robot Horse You Rode in On...

People who like And the Robot Horse You Rode in On also gave high ratings to these games:

Mere Anarchy, by Bruno Dias
ďThe box is cardboard, a file box; it looks like it should contain years of tax returns. Except the holes on the sides have been shut with black masking tape. Except the lid is held in place with the same tape. Except it feels warmer and...

Tangaroa Deep, by Astrid Dalmady
We know more about space than we do about the ocean. Isnít it time to start changing that? Released for the 2016 Spring Thing

16 Ways to Kill a Vampire at McDonalds, by Abigail Corfman
You're a vampire hunter on your night off. You're getting a manicure, seeing a movie, and eating fast food. But there's a vampire in this McDonalds. If you don't do something, then in one hour it will eat the cashier.

The following polls include votes for And the Robot Horse You Rode in On:

Looking for a good Western. by Bishopofbasic
Howdy everyone, I'm on the hunt for a good western text adventure or IF depending on how you call it. Something, that's quite fun to play. The year of release doesn't matter to me. Just looking for some great games to sink my teeth into....

Unreliable narrators by verityvirtue
I'm interested in games which hinge on the 'unreliable narrator', from amnesia to a plain distorted worldview. The more this distortion affects the storyline, the better.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Hulk Handsome on 5 April 2013 at 2:54am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item