Game File

Measureless to Man

by Ivan R. profile

You're on your way home from Cairo, with nothing but a rumpled suit and an apple for lunch. But the plane passes through dark air, over a fathomless sea. Past the heavens, under the deep, there are secrets hidden in the crevices of the world. Something is in you, longing to seek them out. And why not?

Either way, you're doomed.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
TUID: ed0ftrnkyl9i20id

43rd Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

Broken and short, October 8, 2017
by Marco Innocenti (Florence, Italy)
I expected a far bigger game, given the premise.

What I have mistaken for a prologue is indeed half the game. That half is specially well crafted and intriguing... then the game simply breaks. It starts behaving strangely (poor testing of the second half?) and becoming the more and more aimless. And when I started to think "what's happening here?", the game is over.

Left a bitter taste. This could have been a nice piece, if only it didn't wander away so soon.

A shortish Lovecraftian horror game set on an airplane, November 16, 2017
I beta tested this game.

This is a short parser game in the Lovecraftian tradition. It takes place mostly on an airplane.

The game is interesting both story-wise and mechanically. Story-wise, it features a protagonist that isn't just a standard anglo-saxon. Mechanically, it features 3-dimensional movement in multiple environments. 3d movement is something I worked on in my game Ether, and I think this game handled it well.

However, the interactivity was iffy, as it was difficult to know what commands would work.

Measureless to Man on IFDB

Measureless to Man appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Bronxsta’s favorites by Bronxsta
My favorite games

This is version 3 of this page, edited by CMG on 16 November 2017 at 2:19pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item