Foo Foo

- play_all_day, June 12, 2018

Sharp-witted noir under a fluffy covering, March 30, 2018
by verityvirtue (London)
Related reviews: sanguine
If you like Jasper Ffordeís Jack Sprat series, a novel series giving a noir spin to nursery rhymes, youíll probably enjoy this. All the field mice have been leaving town; someoneís been bopping heads - and itís up to you, Fairy Detective, to find out why.

Hudsonís writing is extremely readable, and while the characters may be talking fluffy animals, there is sharpness underneath. The forces working in the town are the familiar push and pull of racism and the search for better opportunities, anthropomorphism or not.

Foo Foo is directed enough that I could figure most things out with just a little guidance and some in-game hints. Overall a well-written murder mystery, with an intriguing setting that I enjoyed.

Nice story, March 10, 2018
by f-a
The set-up, writing, characterization, are funny and serious at the same time and well fleshed out.

I didn't have much fun solving the puzzles, but it was worth playing!

Delightful and well crafted, March 7, 2018
This was a great pleasure to play.
The narrative was witty and entertaining; the locations were nicely set out with not too much to-ing and fro-ing; the puzzles weren't particularly difficult but none-the-less kept me playing.
The npc characterisations were good and although very limited in interactivity, presented enough variety in the responses not to come across as 'token'.
As a small gripe, the 'easy-exit' presented at the beginning seemed unnecessary - with this available, I would perhaps have preferred a form of score so you would know how you did when exiting.

I definitely recommended this.

- archerqueen08, February 12, 2018