Latest Version

Darkiss! Wrath of the Vampire - Chapter 2: Journey to Hell

by Marco Vallarino

Episode 2 of Darkiss

Ovranilla: a gloomy land full of traps. And wicked monsters. Carmilla, Millarca and Mircalla: the priestesses of the god Valmar, waiting for you in the devil's hole. Welcome back, Martin Voigt. Will hell be bad enough to stop you?

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
License: Creative Commons
TUID: ddteat6razxljsz4

English translation of Darkiss! Il bacio del vampiro - Capitolo 2: viaggio all'inferno, by Marco Vallarino

17th Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
The writing ... yes, it's effusive in a manner that I'm coming to think of as the Italian style: big gestures, and everything is just a bit overstated. It's a translated work, of course, so some oddness is to be expected; but to be honest, I think I forgot about that after a bit. Thinking back, no word choice jumps out at me as particularly egregious, though I'm sure I came across a couple. It's really the tone and style that strike me the most.

An entertaining, traditional puzzle game, October 10, 2016
Darkiss! Chapter 2 is a short game, it is not really innovative, and there is only little NPC interaction. But that's about all what is negative about it! On the plus side are a fun main character, simple but entertaining and well integrated puzzles, and a good help system, which prevents the frustration of being on the right track but not knowing how to tell the parser.

You play as a very powerful and evil Vampire trying to find the secret of surviving sunlight in a Dante inspired version of hell. The puzzles mostly revolve around using the right item in the right place, or employing your Vampire powers (mostly shape changing).

The writing is apparently translated from Italian, but I found no problems with it - in fact, I found it very compelling (I am not a native English speaker myself, though).

Recommended to anyone looking for traditional, albeit not very challenging, text adventure entertainment.

If you enjoyed Darkiss! Wrath of the Vampire - Chapter 2: Journey to Hell...

People who like Darkiss! Wrath of the Vampire - Chapter 2: Journey to Hell also gave high ratings to these games:

Whitefield Academy of Witchcraft, by Steph Cherrywell
The year is 1957, and the place is lush, storm-tossed Stinglash Island, just off the north coast of Washington's Olympic Peninsula. You are Page LeBlanc, witch in training, and you've returned for another year at dear old...

Aotearoa, by Matt Wigdahl
The Fish of Māui. The Land of the Long Cloud. Aotearoa. An entire continent of untamed wilds, and the last place on Earth where dinosaurs still roam. If only you'd come ashore under better circumstances...

Anchorhead, by Michael Gentry
From wikipedia: "It is loosely based on the Cthulhu mythos. Anchorhead takes place in a New England town by the same name that bears a resemblance to Innsmouth, Arkham, and other fictional towns created by H.P. Lovecraft." You take a...

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Gyrev on 20 November 2016 at 6:07am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item