Latest Version

Darkiss! Wrath of the Vampire - Chapter 2: Journey to Hell

by Marco Vallarino

Episode 2 of Darkiss

Ovranilla: a gloomy land full of traps. And wicked monsters. Carmilla, Millarca and Mircalla: the priestesses of the god Valmar, waiting for you in the devil's hole. Welcome back, Martin Voigt. Will hell be bad enough to stop you?

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
License: Creative Commons
TUID: ddteat6razxljsz4

English translation of Darkiss! Il bacio del vampiro - Capitolo 2: viaggio all'inferno, by Marco Vallarino

17th Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
The writing ... yes, it's effusive in a manner that I'm coming to think of as the Italian style: big gestures, and everything is just a bit overstated. It's a translated work, of course, so some oddness is to be expected; but to be honest, I think I forgot about that after a bit. Thinking back, no word choice jumps out at me as particularly egregious, though I'm sure I came across a couple. It's really the tone and style that strike me the most.

An entertaining, traditional puzzle game, October 10, 2016
Darkiss! Chapter 2 is a short game, it is not really innovative, and there is only little NPC interaction. But that's about all what is negative about it! On the plus side are a fun main character, simple but entertaining and well integrated puzzles, and a good help system, which prevents the frustration of being on the right track but not knowing how to tell the parser.

You play as a very powerful and evil Vampire trying to find the secret of surviving sunlight in a Dante inspired version of hell. The puzzles mostly revolve around using the right item in the right place, or employing your Vampire powers (mostly shape changing).

The writing is apparently translated from Italian, but I found no problems with it - in fact, I found it very compelling (I am not a native English speaker myself, though).

Recommended to anyone looking for traditional, albeit not very challenging, text adventure entertainment.

If you enjoyed Darkiss! Wrath of the Vampire - Chapter 2: Journey to Hell...

People who like Darkiss! Wrath of the Vampire - Chapter 2: Journey to Hell also gave high ratings to these games:

The Duel That Spanned the Ages, by Oliver Ullmann
A frantic struggle for survival in hard vacuum.

Fallen London, by Failbetter Games
Poet or Assassin? Lover or Spy? Choose your fate in Fallen London, a gothic metropolis a mile beneath the surface of the earth. An epic adventure where you live a sometimes horrific, often curious, but always polite life next door to the...

howling dogs, by Porpentine
death cube sim | galactic survey | visionatrix | facet machine | power gardens | women | fascination two significant endings

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Gyrev on 20 November 2016 at 6:07am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item