Lost in time

by Gerardo Adesso profile

Slice of life; Surreal

Go to the game's main page

An incredibly hard puzzle twine game with complicated inventory and riddles, November 19, 2017
Related reviews: 2-10 hours
Some people really enjoy difficult puzzle games, like Fish! or Praser 5 or System's Twilight.

This is the first time I've seen such a game done well in Twine. It is very hard; it has been given a 'nasty' forgiveness rating by the author, and that is completely appropriate.

There are frequent deaths and ways to lock yourself out of victory, but there is a multi-save feature which helps.

The first part of the game is an escape the room puzzle. I thought it itself was one of the hardest twine puzzle I had seen, and I thought it was the whole game, and a longish one at that. Once I escaped, I realized the main game was much, much, much bigger. In fact, the next area was huge, and I thought that was the whole game, and then it opened up into the real game! And there's an epilogue about as long as the first complex.

I couldn't finish, even looking at the source code. This is unfair, difficult, and crazy, so if you're in the mood for something like that, you've found it.

Comments on this review

Previous | << 1 >> | Next

Gerardo Adesso, November 20, 2017 - Reply
Thanks so much for your review!!! I made this in a week. Yes maybe it's hard and very unforgiving but if you get to the end(s) of the game, I hope you can find the overall experience somehow rewarding.

(Spoiler - click to show)Note there are multiple endings (five in total, colour-coded). One of them misses out the entire final section. The other four are all accessible at the end, depending on a last-stage choice (and/or inventory conditions).
Hope you can find all of them!
Previous | << 1 >> | Next