AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS

by Norbez profile

Oh no! Young Polly has been transported to a strange, magical land by an evil wizard. Help her get back home in this Twine adventure! This game was designed as a young player's first introduction to hypertext interactive fiction, but has a story that's sure to charm readers of all ages. It's around 40,000 words, but is split up into good-sized chapters, and a save feature to mark your place when you need to stop reading. Enjoy!

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
TUID: d64lo2cr8zlc7toi

29th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

Basically a children's novella with some interactivity, November 16, 2017
I could see myself picking this book up and reading it in the library. You play as an orphan who gets sucked into another world by a mysterious stranger.

This other world is an Oz-like fantasy world that is creatively engineered. A long story plays out.

There's not much interactivity to speak of, though there are options scattered throughout. But I liked this; it reminded me of 'pulpy' kids books that I read when I was a teenager, like Deltora quest.

If you enjoyed AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS...

People who like AND WHEN I SQUINT IT LOOKS LIKE CHRISTMAS also gave high ratings to these games:

Nine Lives, by Merlin Fisher
Le Grand Guignol entry in ECTOCOMP 2015.

The Weapon, by Sean Barrett

Uxmulbrufyuz, by Andrew Schultz
EctoComp 2017 entry. Quick weird abstract puzzle.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by DashT on 4 February 2018 at 7:06pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item