SpeedIF_Gruff.zip

2006

IFID: ZCODE-1-060121-F3C7
TUID: cq4brf7veenvjfdx

Nice little something, January 24, 2014
by Simon Deimel (Germany)
This is a nice story, a very brief speed IF. It is principally not too difficult, but the solution requires knowledge beyond the game -- surely common knowledge in the US, but for me it was not so common(Spoiler - click to show) and resulted in an annoying guess-the-verb moment: 'man, how am I supposed to warm up?' I knew the story which the game is based on, but unfortunately I did not know the original line (by now I checked it, and okay, the order of unusual verbs makes sense as soon as you know the line; probably every kid in the US knows it by heart, but they told me different tales here when I was young), so in the end I had to read the code, which luckily was available.
Anyway, a cute story and in the end a new lesson for me.

The other side of the tale, September 7, 2008
by Maze (Rome, Italy)
An alternate view of a well-known tale (can't tell which, or that'll ruin the brief experience). Written by the same guy that did the excellent "Lost Pig", this is a speedIF (that means you'll end it in a few moves: just got to find the right ones). Can't rate it, but it's funny and well-written (though don't expect to be laughing out loud), and will take you just a few minutes of your precious time.

If you enjoyed Deep Breathing...

People who like Deep Breathing also gave high ratings to these games:

End Boss, by Nick Keirle
A hypertext game about choice. Contains: violence, distressing imagery, optional body horror, mild peril. Made entirely of words.

With Those We Love Alive, by Porpentine and Brenda Neotenomie
no dreams written by porpentine scored by brenda neotenomie

Bronze, by Emily Short
When the seventh day comes and it is time for you to return to the castle in the forest, your sisters cling to your sleeves.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Sobol on 26 November 2015 at 1:11am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item