adamsinform.zip *
AdamsGames.zip *
trs.zip *
atari8gm.zip *
SAhints.zip *
hint sheet and map in GUEmap format
Sols3.zip *
solution
AdamsHints.tar.Z
hint sheet
(Compressed with the Unix-style .tar.Z "tarball" format. Free unpacking tools are available for most platforms.)
AdamsHints.zip *

by Scott Adams

Episode 7 of Scott Adams Classic Adventures
Espionage
1979

As Adventure #7 begins, you find yourself hopelessly lost in the middle of a carnival fun house. While escape may elude you, one thing is very clear -- you're NOT here to have a good time!
Converted from original code by Paul David Doherty.
[--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

License: Former commercial
IFID: ZCODE-1-980329-C764
TUID: cj05ocxhay4dbrfs

A classic gem from the golden age of adventure, January 25, 2010
by Pete Gardner (Vancouver, Canada)
I swear, to this day I have dreams of chewing some gum, putting it on the end of a branch, and using it to fish a coin out of a sewer grate.

Mystery Funhouse was the first adventure game I ever played. I missed out on Adventure and the others, because computers at that time were not readily accessible. A good friend of mine convinced his father to purchase him a TRS-80 home computer from Radio Shack, and this was one of the games that came with it. We played the snot out of that thing. Those were the days before the Internet and walkthroughs, so we had to figure it all out by ourselves. Took about a month. From then on, I was hooked on all things Adventure.

You start off outside a funhouse. You need to get into the funhouse and diffuse a bomb before it goes off. After a certain point, something begins going on with your shoe. Basic stuff, but back then it was so different that it forced the player to think in unfamiliar ways. You know, the way we IF players think all the time now. The game in itself is straightforward, relying on retrial and repetition as the player learns what to do and what not to do. I said itís straightforward, but itís not easy. You really have to sit and think it out.

In this day and age, Mystery Funhouse will not seem like a big deal to a new player, but it had a permanent effect on my life back in 1981. I owe my entire career in the games industry to this little software gem, occupying less than 16K of memory. Good stuff.

A cool and funny old-school Scott Adams adventure in a funhouse, June 5, 2017
Related reviews: 2-10 hours
In this game, like other Scott Adams games, you have a minimal 2-word parser, with spare rooms with a few objects.

Also like the other games, every inch of the game is used for something good. This game is also really, really funny. An opening joke made me laugh out loud.

This has been one of my favorite scott adam adventures so far.

If you enjoyed Mystery Fun House...