public beta download
contains 'Tree&Star.​hex' (game file) and 'TREESTAR' (resource file)
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Hugo interpreter - visit the Hugo home page for download links.

Tree and Star

IFID: B5A03D9E-7656-44C3-902C-EAFF8A430E39
TUID: chbf0ssnxha0jpqx

2nd Place - The Andromeda Legacy Competion

Too detached and unpolished, December 10, 2015
by mjhayes (Niagara Falls, NY)
I had played this game with high expectations after playing the other games in the Andromeda series. Whereas Andromeda Dreaming added some interesting backdrop material for fans of the series, this piece feels dispensable. It has a lot of spelling and grammatical errors, which suggests that it was rushed. Gameplay is linear and suffers from a severe case of "guess the verb," which all but strips any enjoyment from the story. After I played all the way through and learned I could achieve a better ending, I started playing again, only to quit when I forgot the exact commands necessary to complete the first sequence in the computer lab. It just wasn't worth the aggravation.

I did like the interplay of events between the main character and his wife, plus the old man who is a central figure in the plot. There was a lot of action & suspense (gratuitously) written into the storyline, which takes place before the events of Dreaming and Awakening, and which made the game feel like "Star Wars: Episode I." I just feel the saga was better without it.

If you're a huge fan of the Andromeda series, don't mind having to install Hugo, and are not irritated by major design flaws, then feel free to give this a try. Whether you feel it belongs with the rest of the Andromeda games is up to you.

Tree and Star on IFDB

The following polls include votes for Tree and Star:

Multi-Part Games by Bloodsong
I was wondering just how many games out there, either completely text based, or text-adventure hybrids, are out there that involve a story line over the course of several games. I know for sure of the Sorcerer trilogy from Infocom...any...

Best cover art by MathBrush
What games have really good cover art?

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Wade Clarke on 8 August 2015 at 8:15am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item