Zipped game file
Zipped file containing all Petite Mort entries to ECTOCOMP 2016

Toiletworld Omega

by Brian Kwak profile

A Petite Mort entry for ECTOCOMP 2016.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2016
IFID: 617EFA4E-C896-42C2-89DA-F24BEEA99039
TUID: c8d8ddrr94ypcm34

Makes reference to Toiletworld, by Chet Rocketfrak

13th Place, La Petite Mort - EctoComp 2016

[insert toilet-based pun here], May 20, 2017
(Disclosure: I participated in EctoComp 2016.)

First of all, let it be said that I agree 100% with the concept behind this game. The idea of a horror parody of a disliked troll game is funny, and anyone who can make toilets scary is a friend of mine.

Unfortunately, this game feels like a troll itself. It's not egregiously bad; there's just barely anything there. The writing is... okay. It's a bit overblown in a way I assume is intentionally parodic, but again, it's hard to tell.

I don't want to knock it too hard: there's some sophisticated coding, and the actual horror content manages to be disorienting and startling. It just didn't make an impact on me at all, for better or for worse.

(Note: I didn't get the Lousy Last Point. Perhaps if I had, my feelings about the game would change.)

A short spoof of the troll game toiletworld, June 11, 2017
This game spoofs Toiletworld, so you should probably make sure to play that first.

This game just has 3 under-implemented locations with some neat tricks involving Magician's Choice and movement of scenery, but otherwise it's pretty typical for a speed-IF ectocomp game. Not bad, though. This author has a longer, fun game called How to Win at Rock, Paper, Scissors.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Brian Kwak on 17 July 2017 at 12:40am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item