Competition Version

Tentaculon

by Ned Vole

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
TUID: c1a2j098awdbesl

32nd Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
All right. There's stuff going on, and the story quickly takes a turn into cosmic horror and X-Files conspiracy, and just as quickly ... we're done. Whoa. I am not sure I understand fully everything that happened or what I just did, but that's the story and I think I actually found it kind of charming. It's the "you are a squid" line, I think, even if the last iteration seems potentially sinister. And how the initial research ties into the final denouement.

A fun little romp, October 4, 2016
by Cav
I'm pretty new to IF but I had a fun time with this game. It's relatively quick to play and solvable without too much brain-wracking.There are a couple of small bugs, but the writing is great and gently humorous. Overall this game really tickled me.

Octopus's garden, October 25, 2016
by Owlor (Sweden)
Tentaculon hasn't really done a good job advertising itself in the comp, but it is worth playing. It has an interesting, if sly tone, though I admit I would've liked playing the entire game as an octopus.

If you enjoyed Tentaculon...

People who like Tentaculon also gave high ratings to these games:

The Xylophoniad, by Robin Johnson
The King of Anachronopolis has ordered you to end the Trojan War, slay the dreaded Bicyclops, and rescue a couple of inmates from Hades. A comic adventure set in Greek mythology.

Pogoman GO!, by Jack Welch and Ben Collins-Sussman
The world is full of Pogomen, and now that you donít have a job or family to worry about, you might as well get back to it!

Pytho's Mask, by Emily Short
On the Night of the Comet, the usual astrological bonds do not hold, and the order of the universe is threatened. It is a time made for rebels and usurpers, and all who would claim the kingdom for themselves. You are a member of the...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 22 November 2016 at 1:55pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item