Game File

8 Shoes on the Shelves

by Marc Duane

An account of one soldier's unfortunate attempt to locate a secret buried beneath the war-torn Flemish countryside.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
TUID: b0g9m4j2yx89mhsr

66th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

An odd mix of underimplementation and clever ideas, November 16, 2017
This was a strange game. It has some great ideas: extricate yourself from a pile of rubble (which reminds me of an old comp game where you start in a pile of dead bodies and have to crawl out). You then explore a small underground complex with a Lovecraftian vibe.

But the game has a lot of implementation problems, leading to numerous judges missing out on big chunks of the game.

I didn't have too much trouble getting out of the pile, like some judges did, but I didn't even so the cabinets or the slicing machine.

Worth trying. I wish it were expanded.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by CMG on 16 November 2017 at 10:59am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item