Hangar 22
by David Welbourn

Hangar 22

by Rob O'Hara

2011

An out-of-luck computer programmer finds more than just a job opportunity in a mysterious government facility.

First Publication Date: June 17, 2011
IFID: ZCODE-1-110617-D84E
TUID: 9e02f0cesyaqceux

A humorous, witty game with a sci-fi side, August 22, 2016
by Tom Fox (Great Britain)
In Hangar 22 you are a "ain't got no job / ain't got no style" unemployed programmer who has sold/pawned most of his possessions and lives basically in squalor.

The author's witticism and jokes give the whole scenario a humorous side. The house itself, though stripped down to its very basics, has a puzzly edge to it which is quite nice. I really like the "TALK TO" way of communicating with other characters.

In my opinion play becomes easier as the story unfolds. The end is slightly short, but all in all the game is very enjoyable and it took me a little over an hour to finish.

-Tom

If you enjoyed Hangar 22...

People who like Hangar 22 also gave high ratings to these games:

Earth and Sky 2: Another Earth, Another Sky, by Paul O'Brian

A Change in the Weather, by Andrew Plotkin
"Walking away from a picnic, you are suddenly caught in a country storm. You must protect a bridge from being destroyed. An ultra-linear game." [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

Reference and Representation: An Approach to First-Order Semantics, by Ryan Veeder
Violence is the answer to this one.

Hangar 22 appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for July 2018 by David Welbourn
On Friday, July 6, 2018, I published several new walkthroughs for the games listed below! Many of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works of...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 7 July 2018 at 3:59pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item