HHH.exe

by Robot Parking

The disk drive uttered a sickening crack as you tried to access it. Somehow, you were able to run the single program installed on it, HHH.exe. It's a game, apparently. By turns unfun and familiar; foolish and haunted.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2014
TUID: 8se2kvkcemzrdkqx

26th Place - 20th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2014)

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Freeware Garden: HHH
Now, appearances aside, the freshly crafted HHH is neither a new installment to the Hugoís House of Horrors series nor a straight up remake, though it does use the originalís all-over-the-place EGA graphics. Also, itís very very clever.

An illustrated Twine take on the 'glitch game' genre of creepypasta, June 4, 2016
This game starts out as an illustrated twine implementation of Hugo's House of Horrors, an old game similar to Maniac Mansion.

The author has added vivid descriptions of the graphics. Not all the original game is implemented. The game has not been implemented in exactly the same way as the original as there is, for instance, new dialogue, including strong profanity.

The game begins to glitch out, as in the classic glitch creepypasta.

I felt like the horror never really took hold, although it was better at times.

It took me 20 minutes to finish the game.

Great prose and fun story., May 22, 2015
I loved loved loved this charming game.

Negs: I wish it lasted longer. I didn't really understand what the ending meant, and I didn't really understand how the glitchiness interacted; like, if there was a larger hidden story, I didn't follow it. But I had a great time not following it. The art and prose are really engaging and the story was unpredictable and satisfying.

If you enjoyed HHH.exe...