Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist.gblorb
IF Archive Link

Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist

by Xavid profile

Fantasy, Surreal

From the ranks of the people you have been raised up as a Wisheró

To seek among the fairies;
the dragons of the deeps;
the ur-toads and the claw things;
among the shadows on the sun and the ghosts beneath the world,
and in the lands of humankind besides
for the jewel of all desiring.

You must find the jewel and command the Creator to make the world as you desire it. And if you should succeed, then the world shall always have been as you wish it, and your life a thing sprung of your own desiring; and if you should fail then you shall be forgotten like the tides.

Fanfic of the tabletop RPG by Jenna Katerin Moran. (No knowledge of the source material is expected or needed.) World, metaphysics, and the best bits of text are hers.

First Publication Date: May 4, 2016
IFID: 75DE8D71-7412-4F86-ABE2-223757D7679D
TUID: 8ovhr7mn59aut5qm

This may be listed as fanfic . . . , July 7, 2016
but I found this game to be a lot of fun - despite the fact that I don't know anything about the works of Jenna Katerin Moran. It stands alone well and has some creative twists and turns. It's a relatively short game - perfect for a summer day!

Creating The World In A Short Text Adventure, July 7, 2016
It's a pretty short game, with a lot of things that might take less decoding if I knew the source material (but are fun regardless), but it takes an interesting approach to its themes and has a lot of options for a short game. I played it in a group, as I usually do, and it made us discuss stuff more than usual, instead of always trying things until something worked. It's thoughtful, and made me wish I'd been more thoughtful as a player. Kinda makes me want to go back and mess around with the things that I treated like red herrings, when I could have done more. And yeah, I should probably read some Jenna Moran.

Give it a try, August 30, 2016
A fun game that has a little more depth to it than some.

If you enjoyed Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist...

People who like Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist also gave high ratings to these games:

Spellbreaker, by Dave Lebling
Spellbreaker, the riveting conclusion to the Enchanter trilogy, explores the mysterious underpinnings of the Zorkian universe. A world founded on sorcery suddenly finds its magic failing, and only you, leader of the Circle of Enchanters,...

HUNTING UNICORN, by Chandler Groover
A maiden leads a unicorn hunt. Sixteen narrative variants. Choose-your-own-adventure style. Mature thematic elements.

Death off the Cuff, by Simon Christiansen
They all stare at you expectantly, like children waiting to be told a bedtime story. Who can blame them? You are, after all, Antoine Saint Germain, the great French detective. No criminal has ever been a match for you, and everybody is...

The following polls include votes for Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist:

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible Settings of 2016 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2016 which you think might be worth considering for Best setting in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination. The category will still be text-entry, and games not mentioned here...

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible innovation uses of 2016 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2016 which you think might be worth considering for Best Use of Innovation in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination. The category will still be text-entry, and games not...

Games with NPCs that tag along by Ghalev
List here any games that feature a (preferably memorable!) "sidekick" character - an NPC who follows the viewpoint character around for most or all of the game, as per Floyd in Planetfall or Trent/Tiffany in Leather Goddesses of Phobos.

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Xavid on 21 January 2017 at 8:59am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item