Game file
MS-DOS Application

The Hall of the Fount of Artois

by Simon Ellis

2008

Pierre Artois, the scion of the Artois, lies spellbound and immobile in a room in his family's home. You have one night in which to break an evil curse and restore the hopes and future of the ancient family! [blurb from IF Comp 2008]

First Publication Date: October 1, 2008
Development System: Visual C++
TUID: 8jjesm3ohzugimwr

26th Place - 14th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2008)

A homebrew parser game that leans on classic tropes, May 2, 2018
This is a parser game written in C++. I played it on my own at first, but after I found it had trouble responding to several commands (and crashed after a few unexpected commands) I resorted to the walkthrough.

This game leans heavily on old text adventure cliches, especially making homages to Curses! and, perhaps, Scott Adams games.

Several scenes from Curses! are exactly reproduced, such as the delicately balanced key and the spade joke.

The worldbuilding was fairly well done, but I can't recommend this one due to the difficulties of the parser.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Nathan on 20 October 2015 at 11:28pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item