Saturdays

by verityvirtue

"The gateway opens once a week. Tomorrow I'm going in." Three schoolkids discover something very, very bad in an abandoned school.

Originally written for the A Game By its Cover jam. Submitted to ECTOCOMP 2017.

Content warnings for self-loathing, death and avoidable animal cruelty.

First Publication Date: October 29, 2017
TUID: 8ijpq356uwbqqysa

7th Place, Le Grand Guignol (English) - EctoComp 2017

A fun little creepy web-based game at a school with some text effects, November 3, 2017
This is a shortish Ectocomp game with nice styling and some interesting text-hover effects.

You play as a schoolgirl who makes a bizarre discovery with her friends. The game branches quite a bit, with each branch fairly short.

I'd go into more detail, but the interest of the game lies entirely in the oddness of it all.

I found one small issue; the 'cockroach' link led to a page which was just a blank line; this was my first playthrough, and I had to restart. I ended up playing through 3 times.

If you enjoyed Saturdays...

People who like Saturdays also gave high ratings to these games:

Recursion., by Adrian Belmes
A digital-born hypertext produced in Twine for the San Diego State University 2018 Electronic Literature Competition. The work is a non-linear exploration of the extremes to which individuals will go in pursuit of happiness, revolving...

A Trial, by B Minus Seven
A funny thing happens on your way to the Center for Nominal Reassignment. "A Trial" is a chimera of prose, poetry and ???.

Wishbringer, by Brian Moriarty
It's an ordinary day in your ordinary little town, and you've been performing your ordinary mail clerk's duties in an altogether ordinary way. But there's something quite extraordinary in today's mail. It's a ransom note for a kidnapped...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by verityvirtue on 31 October 2017 at 10:08am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item