Saturdays

by verityvirtue

"The gateway opens once a week. Tomorrow I'm going in." Three schoolkids discover something very, very bad in an abandoned school.

Originally written for the A Game By its Cover jam. Submitted to ECTOCOMP 2017.

Content warnings for self-loathing, death and avoidable animal cruelty.

First Publication Date: October 29, 2017
TUID: 8ijpq356uwbqqysa

7th Place, Le Grand Guignol (English) - EctoComp 2017

A fun little creepy web-based game at a school with some text effects, November 3, 2017
This is a shortish Ectocomp game with nice styling and some interesting text-hover effects.

You play as a schoolgirl who makes a bizarre discovery with her friends. The game branches quite a bit, with each branch fairly short.

I'd go into more detail, but the interest of the game lies entirely in the oddness of it all.

I found one small issue; the 'cockroach' link led to a page which was just a blank line; this was my first playthrough, and I had to restart. I ended up playing through 3 times.

If you enjoyed Saturdays...

People who like Saturdays also gave high ratings to these games:

The Isolato Incident, by Alan DeNiro
"We need to save the kingdom! But...where is the kingdom? What are its bounds? Can history be distilled? Why do ghosts feign friendliness? We will make a quest of questions!" [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

shadows on the mirror, by Chrysoula Tzavelas
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe...

Impostor Syndrome, by Dietrich Squinkifer (Squinky)
You're giving a talk at a big important tech conference. But do you really deserve to be here, or were you selected just to fill a diversity quota? Originally published under the name "Georgiana Bourbonnais".

This is version 1 of this page, edited by verityvirtue on 31 October 2017 at 10:08am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item