Flint

by Alexis Kennedy and Failbetter Games

Part of Fallen London

Go to the game's main page

The premier fate-locked story of Fallen London, September 24, 2018
Related reviews: about 2 hours
I had played Fallen London for over a year before I purchased Flint. It is the most expensive story of Fallen London, one of the older ones, and most likely the longest.

Flint is split into two portions. The first ended faster than I thought it would. It mostly consisted of preparing for a trip. However, despite the fast-ish ending (which was still long; the first half felt as long as some exceptional stories), many interesting things happened. The game plunges into deep lore that explains so much of the game (including the prison), nets you cool items/people, and has some exciting action sequences.

The second sequence was longer, and had several lucrative opportunities, and ended in some highly unusual and unique interactions that I found poignant and touching, and which feels like one of the most important events possible in the life of a character.

The story ends with both strong lore rewards and strong in-game monetarial awards.