CORDYCEPS MORTALIS

by caeth profile

You need to escape. You need to fight.
My first game.

TUID: 77wzncogr3l3cv7l

Twine, March 29, 2015
These games really bother me. It's hit the point where I can't see "Development System: Twine" without wincing. It tells me a few things; that the game's probably going to have little to no real interaction, it's going to force me down a specific route, and it might start pushing the author's social agenda on me. Thankfully this one was only the first two.

There's no choice and the illusion of one is superficial at best. I try to do something the game doesn't want me to, it smacks me and says "no, you're doing this." The effects are neatish and the writing's... okay, nothing to write home about but okay. It doesn't change that interactive fiction made in Twine tends to be, well, not interactive at all.

I hope this doesn't discourage the author. The problem isn't the craftsman, it's the tool.

If you enjoyed CORDYCEPS MORTALIS...

People who like CORDYCEPS MORTALIS also gave high ratings to these games:

dontPush, by Filamena Young
This is my first twine game. It is a birth experience. Here’s a few things that are true. this is only a chain of events that are possible. Not for certain. Not even necessarily probable. This is not a ‘normal’ birth. There is no such...

A Cold Grave, by Mike Michalik
In a cold, snowy country a man finds a victim of a Drowner attack. The man is a psychic detective. An old friend. But why are you there?

Attack of the Yeti Robot Zombies, by Řyvind Thorsby

This is version 1 of this page, edited by caeth on 28 March 2015 at 3:55pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item