CORDYCEPS MORTALIS

by caeth profile

You need to escape. You need to fight.
My first game.

TUID: 77wzncogr3l3cv7l

Twine, March 29, 2015
These games really bother me. It's hit the point where I can't see "Development System: Twine" without wincing. It tells me a few things; that the game's probably going to have little to no real interaction, it's going to force me down a specific route, and it might start pushing the author's social agenda on me. Thankfully this one was only the first two.

There's no choice and the illusion of one is superficial at best. I try to do something the game doesn't want me to, it smacks me and says "no, you're doing this." The effects are neatish and the writing's... okay, nothing to write home about but okay. It doesn't change that interactive fiction made in Twine tends to be, well, not interactive at all.

I hope this doesn't discourage the author. The problem isn't the craftsman, it's the tool.

If you enjoyed CORDYCEPS MORTALIS...

People who like CORDYCEPS MORTALIS also gave high ratings to these games:

Masks, by lioninthetrees

Cat Petting Simulator 2014, by neongrey
The most realistic and verismilitudinous text-based simulation of petting a cat ever written.

The Voodoo You Do 2, by Marshal Tenner Winter
The casket opens and the pitch blackness is replaced with the sight of the moon; full in the night sky. Then, someone leans over, facing you and smiling a lunatic grin. He wears a dirty black top hat and dark glasses with one missing...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by caeth on 28 March 2015 at 3:55pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item