Devil's Food

by Hanon Ondricek profile

Humor

Go to the game's main page

funny short story, February 24, 2015
by namekuseijin (anywhere but home)
This was a fun and entertaining short story. Why spoil it by calling it a game? Though it indeed seems to offer quite a few choices that don't affect outcome much - just more text to explore. Enjoyed the witty prose, concept and characterization - a demonic parody of any high school jealously gig. Genuinely funny. The only thing I didn't really enjoy was the dynamic text: sometimes you'll just miss it as you go clicking links. This IF also reminds me of Hunger Daemon. :)

these meta-comments me laugh real hard: (Spoiler - click to show)The reader is invited to employ imagination to simulate elaborate special effects such as multicolor text, and shaking, glowing, sparkling, or glittering words. (Spoiler - click to show)Oh, if only it were as easy as clicking a hyperlink, you would have done that long ago, and you wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. and (Spoiler - click to show)Don't go crazy searching for a winning ending. There are no alternate endings.

wacky it is, with some strong and slimy imagery. You begin vengeful and turn out to have all your plans spoiled and end your days very humbly...

BTW, whatever music there is (implied by a text), it went mute on my PC, thankfully.

It also ostensibly reminds that it was created with some AXMA Story Maker, a commercial tool. The "play" mechanics and interface are just like any other twine thing, though: click your way through wads of links...

Comments on this review

Previous | << 1 >> | Next

Hanon Ondricek, February 26, 2015 - Reply
Thanks for the review! Axma has a free version that I used. The paid version does not display the link at the bottom.
Previous | << 1 >> | Next