Greensboro Sit-In

by Abby Kreines, Sara Tanzer, and Becca Moura

Historical
2008

James begins to speak "Fellow students, we are all gathered here because we are all working for the same cause. Equal rights. Our people have been oppressed for too long! It is up to us, the youth, to take action. We have two choices, we can take example from Dr. Martin Luther King and conduct a peaceful protest, such as a sit-in. Or we can riot. Think wisely of the pros and cons of each type of protest...

First Publication Date: April 18, 2008
IFID: 162CC5C6-AD75-4DA6-99D3-9B21F4E2B859
TUID: 6mioxlgjbferrtsz

Historical recreation, sadly lacking, January 13, 2009
This IF is based on the "Greensboro sit-ins", where African American students sat at a segregated lunch counter in protest, casting you as one of the students.

This IF seems to be trying to send a message about the merits of peaceful protest, but it's sadly marred by a lack of polish and depth. There are many unimplemented items, occasional mistakes in the text and many places where the NPCs could stand to be fleshed-out a lot more.

There aren't really any puzzles here, so you're likely to see all it has to offer in 10-15 minutes. This doesn't really succeed as an IF, but with some work it could work as the message it sets out to be.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by AmberShards on 28 November 2010 at 8:13am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item