The Unfinished Country

by Phantom Williams profile

post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, journey

A post-apocalyptic story of power, corruption, fear, hunger, waiting.

First Publication Date: June 21, 2014
License: Free
TUID: 6j6zhwtau4d0oy0j

Unpleasant, November 2, 2014
This was... well done, I guess. But very much not my kind of story. Maybe fans of Cormac McCarthy's The Road would like it?

Every element of the storygame was just so... unpleasant that near the end I almost stopped because the unrelenting unlikability of the point of view I embodied was forcing me to disengage. I'm not sure there was much payoff either.

Still, it was well put together, and I'm sure people who like that kind of thing will enjoy it.

If you enjoyed The Unfinished Country...

People who like The Unfinished Country also gave high ratings to these games:

Ghost Highland Way, by Harry Giles
A spooky sad scots randomised gamepoem, about being outside and looking and remembering.

Psychomanteum, by Hanon Ondricek
Every year your friend hosts a Halloween party where guests are expected to complete three dares. This is the third. A Grand Guignol entry for ECTOCOMP 2016.

The Frequently Deceased, by Emily Short, Failbetter Games
A family of promising youngsters have killed their Governess again. This time, she hasn't come back. Question servants across London. The chief glass-cleaner at the House of Mirrors. The attendants at a honey-den. Your own staff. Keep...

This is version 6 of this page, edited by phantomwilliams on 21 June 2014 at 7:58pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item