Slavoj Žižek Makes A Twine Game

by Cameron Kunzelman

Slice of life

TUID: 68jppsgukc5gi4sc

Huh., August 24, 2013
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
Perhaps I am too stupid to understand this game. Am I really that old that I can't appreciate a deep character study? I didn't comprehend large parts of Mentula Macanus either, and supposedly that was loaded with witty cultural references. Maybe it's because I've never heard of Slajvi..Slaovo...Who the heck is this guy? <clicketyclickety>

Wiki...pedia...copy...paste...

Slavoj Žižek (Slovene: [ˈslavoj ˈʒiʒɛk] ( listen); born 21 March 1949) is a Slovene philosopher and cultural critic. He is a senior researcher at the Institute for Sociology and Philosophy, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia, international director of the Birkbeck Institute for the Humanities and a professor of philosophy and psychoanalysis at the European Graduate School.[1] He writes widely on a diverse range of topics, including political theory, film theory, cultural studies, theology and psychoanalysis.

Hanon sits, face propped in hand, wondering if we've finally run out of compelling topics for interactive fiction. Ah, he thinks. Perhaps it's a very meta in-joke.

Hanon moves to the kitchen to refresh his coffee under the watchful iron gaze of Gilligan, the imperious pomeranian. The dog is not happy about his irregular feeding schedule.

Hanon sits back down, coffee steaming, prepared to forcibly absorb the concept or possibly oblique humor this game contains. Just because he has a penchant for AIF doesn't mean he can't be entertained by a Slovenian professor's antics.

(Spoiler - click to show)I did chuckle when Slavij...Zlavis...when he wondered "what the fuck a Porpentine" is. And when he didn't grok variables. I can understand variables. I shouldn't feel so inferior to this piece and it's subject. I'm smart too!!

I liked the background color. And the action photos were a great addition!

Huh. (Spoiler - click to show)Okay, I'm obviously not the audience for this. Why did I review? Catchy title.

If you enjoyed Slavoj Žižek Makes A Twine Game...

People who like Slavoj Žižek Makes A Twine Game also gave high ratings to these games:

All Roads, by Jon Ingold
"Wave a circle round him thrice, And close your eyes with holy dread For he on honey-dew hath fed And drunk the milk of paradise." [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

maybe make some change, by Aaron A. Reed
Inspired by the Maywand district killings in Afghanistan, 'maybe make some change' explores a frozen battlefield moment from six violently conflicting perspectives.

The Endling Archive, by Kazuki Mishima
Browse the Endling Archive to uncover the purpose of its creation.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Artran on 24 August 2013 at 9:24am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item