shape-of-our-container.zip
Contains shape-of-our-container.html

The Shape of Our Container

by Rocketnia profile

Surreal

You open your eyes as the breeze settles around you. The clouds proceed slowly through the sky, and the ground is flat and white for as far as it goes.

"What were you dreaming about?" ze says, zir hand resting on your forehead to keep the hair out of your face. It's warm here in zir lap.

"I had a dream about you," you manage.

Language: English (en-US)
First Publication Date: April 23, 2016
IFID: 78DE2167-2675-42D1-B242-2C5EA685A009
TUID: 5kj8v9zga4ehdesl

Winner - Tiny Utopia Jam

catacalypto
Possibilities in the TinyUtopias IF Jam
...a soft and gentle meditation on rest and mutual understanding. It posits a world where the anxieties of existence and connection are soothed away.

A looping conversation with a loved one, April 30, 2016
by verityvirtue (London)
Related reviews: Tiny Utopias
Time to completion: 20-30 minutes

The Shape of Our Container is a peaceful, conversation-led game about lying in the grass with your loved one. Similar to the other tiny utopias, there is a broad sense of forgiveness and peace. Structure-wise, the game has a broadly branching time-cave structure, allowing large variations between play-throughs. This gives the impression of living many parallel lives, of the impression of time passing.

Container is definitely polished and has fairly high replay value. Short, tender and intimate.

An innovative Twine game about a curious dream, April 23, 2016
This game, one of the later entrants to the tiny utopia jam, has several unusual features. Fist, it uses neutral pronouns (ze, zir,..). I found that this helped with establishing the tone of the game and the allowing the player to identify with the protagonist.

The second unusual feature is in its branching structure. The game has an unusual structure in its branching that had me playing again and again. This is a strongly branching games but is short enough that replay is easy, similar to Porpentine's Myriad.

Unlike most strongly branching games this game's branches build on each other and create a unified story. Also, the author left little surprises and added variety in the branches.

If you enjoyed The Shape of Our Container...