mmurder.zip *
Contains MMURDER.D$$
pop-up hints
Requires an AGT interpreter - see Brass Lantern for download links.

Mop and Murder

by Brad Friedman

Mystery
1991

Development System: AGT
IFID: AGT-03500-00008750
TUID: 55yhssxbcci6854y

Unfortunately, while this may sound very promising, the game turned out to be a disappointment. This is partly due to the fact that the author, while competent enough at producing easily flowing prose and a logically consistent plot, has somehow failed at making the whole thing very memorable; the atmosphere is rather thin (considering that the setting - a closed, windowless CIA office with a dead body on the floor - should provide ample opportunity for atmosphere), the puzzles not very original or challenging, and the story that is gradually unraveled by your investigations just isn't very interesting (not even the murderer's identity was much of a surprise to me). [...] What really ruins things, however, is the game-play aspects.

I found the game fascinating to play and it wasn't until I had nearly finished that I found out how to use the POPHINT help utility. (John Betteridge)

Since there is really only one room to explore, it's clear that your time will be spent examining and manipulating objects rather than in finding your way around a series of locations. Don't let this make you think the game will be easy! The author, Brad Friedman, has cleverly organised the objects and messages associated with them so that you can examine them in sequence, each subsequent action uncovering more detail. (Sue)

Mop and Murder on IFDB

The following polls include votes for Mop and Murder:

One room games by cpuguy
I would like to know what one room games are available. I enjoyed the acorn court, and am looking for more similar games.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 12 March 2013 at 5:38pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item