Competition version

Fallen 落葉 Leaves

by Adam Bredenberg profile and Danial Mohammed Khan-Yousufzai

An interactive ghazal-sonnet on love and longing, fire and passion.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
TUID: 4i2pxyk3xjlvkga5

55th Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
Well, it looks like we're making a poem. We choose a combination of verb and adverb, and then a sonnet appears; our choice of action occurs in the final couplet, and the rest of the sonnet ... the rest of the sonnet makes no sense whatsoever. Are we supposed to hammer at this until it does make sense, or at least sufficient sense that we're satisfied? If so, I can see no way to get there, aside from randomly guessing at combinations of verbs and adverbs.

Randomly generated abstract poetry, May 9, 2017
I am a fan of poetry, but not generally of procedurally generated poetry, except for the Mary Jane of Tomorrow. This program generates random, disjointed ghazal-form poems based on some input.

I think more could have been, for instance with rhyming procedurally or otherwise using the stricter forms of Ghazal.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by verityvirtue on 22 November 2016 at 12:37pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item