MattWeiner.net download

IFID: A82458B1-79B0-48EC-BA2C-0C09B3ECEAAD
TUID: 4baspe41nmg34wen

Commended - ShuffleComp 2014

The best tea-making simulator I have yet encountered, June 12, 2016
A warm and delightful piece, in which the player is invited to make a cup of tea and a slice of toast (Marmite and butter presumably being unnecessarily complicated for a comp game, or perhaps the writer just wanted to avoid the whole controversial subject of toast toppings...).

It's timed, but this doesn't matter especially - there isn't a losing state in this game - so it's a no-stress experience. You'll probably want two goes, one for looking at things and one for getting everything just so. There are a few oddities - there's an inventory management issue, surprisingly - but nothing untoward.

A story plays itself out in messages as you go; the details change slightly each playthrough, building on what you know about the protagonist's experience.

If you enjoyed Tea and Toast...

People who like Tea and Toast also gave high ratings to these games:

Dinner Bell, by Jenni Polodna
You are the involuntary and very hungry test subject of a semi-anthropomorphized dog in a labcoat who wants you to find all sixteen food items mentioned in They Might Be Giants' song Dinner Bell, which have been hidden in a near-perfect...

All Roads, by Jon Ingold
"Wave a circle round him thrice, And close your eyes with holy dread For he on honey-dew hath fed And drunk the milk of paradise." [--blurb from Competition Aught-One]

Disenchantment Bay, by Jacqueline A Lott (with a head start from Emily Short)
From the about text: "The Inform 7 examples collectively known as Disenchantment Bay were born of a trip that Emily Short made with Dan Shiovitz to Alaska to visit me and Sam Kabo Ashwell, many years ago. 2004, I believe it was. We...

Tea and Toast appears in the following Recommended Lists:

IF Romances by Emily Short
IF in the romance genre is rare; here are a few I thought worked well.

The following polls include votes for Tea and Toast:

Games that show everyday life by Sam Jackson
I'm looking for preferably short games that focus on part of someone's life in our world and preferably our time. I would like games with an emotional focus.

For Your Consideration: Games from 2014 that should be nominated for the XYZZY Awards by Molly
There were a lot of great games released in the past year, and now that the XYZZYs are coming up, it seems like a very good idea to take a poll of all the games from last year people would like to see nominated. The management has asked...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 3 June 2015 at 6:12pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item