House

by Karona profile

drama, romance

A conversation about the trajectory of a relationship lies at the center of this one-room work.

First Publication Date: April 6, 2018
Forgiveness Rating: merciful
IFID: 291038FC-57A8-448B-BF53-A1FC354E02B7
TUID: 2tifxpo30ncld09z

Entrant, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2018

Strange, April 20, 2018
2.5 stars. I played a bit of this. The help file is interesting, and I suspect this game has a lot of detail to it. I just found it a little odd.

You come home to find your wife standing in the living room with mascara running down her face. You've been separated for some reason of your own choosing. She feels terrible about it, you soon find out.

I know that when I've been in similar situations I've felt terrible too. And yet I can't seem to get the parser to tell me how I feel. Even "x self" reveals nothing about my emotional state.

Continuing to play, to talk with your wife, you can only query her about subjects. You speak to her like a Vulcan or a therapist, with apparently no emotions of your own. She tells you about her mother, the circumstances of how she was raised, as if you've never shared this kind of information with each other during your courtship or marriage.

It was at this point that I stopped. Maybe it changes. I just felt it oddly clunky when it came to dealing with emotions, when that is the heart of the conflict in this game.

If you enjoyed House...

People who like House also gave high ratings to these games:

Das Felleisen, by Max Kalus
Was für eine Schande! Auf der Rheinfähre, kurz vor der Poststation, haben sie dir aufgelauert, dich gepackt und hierher gebracht. Dein Felleisen, dein Posthorn und sogar die gesamte Kleidung haben sie mitgenommen, letztere...

Die Akte Paul Bennet, by Michael Baltes
Average member rating: (1 rating)
Im New York der 1950er wird der prominente Rechtsanwalt Andrew Nightfield Opfer eines Autounfalls, der sein Leben auf den Kopf stellt. Winner of the German language IF Grand Prix 2015.

Klub Karisma, by Christian Bluemke
You are the most dashing dog groomer in town and your girlfriend's just dumped you for a male stripper from the Hamburg Reeperbahn. So stop whining and go get her back, for the night has only just begun...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Karona on 9 April 2018 at 1:43am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item