Walkthrough
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

This is My Memory of First Heartbreak, Which I Can't Quite Piece Back Together

by Jenny Goldstick, Stephen Betts, and Owen Roberts

A graphic memoir exploring the authorís memory of her first heartbreak.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
TUID: 21zfhwp32f0so6vp

29th Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
Well, "Heartbreak" definitely swings way over to the story side of the story-game spectrum. We experience four little vignettes illustrating episodes from the relationship of Jenny and Sean, ending finally with their breakup. It's all beautifully presented with silhouette figures and speech bubbles, both animated; each vignette ends with a choice of different key objects--mnemonic devices?--to signal which of the other possible vignettes we'll go on to from here.

If you enjoyed This is My Memory of First Heartbreak, Which I Can't Quite Piece Back Together...

People who like This is My Memory of First Heartbreak, Which I Can't Quite Piece Back Together also gave high ratings to these games:

Solarium, by Alan DeNiro
The year is 1954. One year after mutually assured destruction. And I am trying to find you, through memory and alchemy. Not many people know how the nuclear devastation really happened. But we do. We were part of Solarium.

Varicella, by Adam Cadre

The Periwink, by Jedediah Berry
It's your last day as her ladyship's groundskeeperóbut you still have a little work left to do. A Petite Mort entry for ECTOCOMP 2016.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 22 November 2016 at 2:06pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item