Walkthrough
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

This is My Memory of First Heartbreak, Which I Can't Quite Piece Back Together

by Jenny Goldstick, Stephen Betts, and Owen Roberts

A graphic memoir exploring the authorís memory of her first heartbreak.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2016
TUID: 21zfhwp32f0so6vp

29th Place - 22nd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2016)

The Breakfast Review
Well, "Heartbreak" definitely swings way over to the story side of the story-game spectrum. We experience four little vignettes illustrating episodes from the relationship of Jenny and Sean, ending finally with their breakup. It's all beautifully presented with silhouette figures and speech bubbles, both animated; each vignette ends with a choice of different key objects--mnemonic devices?--to signal which of the other possible vignettes we'll go on to from here.

If you enjoyed This is My Memory of First Heartbreak, Which I Can't Quite Piece Back Together...

People who like This is My Memory of First Heartbreak, Which I Can't Quite Piece Back Together also gave high ratings to these games:

The Blind House, by Amanda Allen
I scarcely know the woman at my side. I don't even know why she was the one I turned to. I can only hope that we haven't been followed, that she won't ask too many questions. The only choice left to me now is to trust her.

Zork III, by Dave Lebling, Marc Blank
An old, oddly youthful man turns toward you slowly. His long, silver hair dances about him as a fresh breeze blows. "You have reached the final test, my friend! You are proved clever and powerful, but this is not yet enough! Seek me when...

Planetfall, by Steve Meretzky
"Join the Patrol, and see the Galaxy!" You took the poster's advice, bait and all, and marched right over to the recruitment station near your home on the backwater planet of Gallium. Images of exotic worlds, strange and colorful aliens,...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 22 November 2016 at 2:06pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item