We Are Unfinished

by Ade McT profile

The last of the day's light is fading. And, without light, how can he see? A very short piece of Interactive Fiction for the TinyUtopia jam.

First Publication Date: April 18, 2016
TUID: 1ib2w8aopdus8pa

Winner - Tiny Utopia Jam

Possibilities in the TinyUtopias IF Jam
...a meditation on perspectives which I found wholly absorbing.

A short parser game with a haunting atmosphere about a couple, April 20, 2016
This game by Ade McT is an interesting entry in the Tiny Utopias jam. More than any other entry, this game had a haunting, desolate, stoic feel.

You play a character sat at a table who is sorting through pieces of glass in the evening light. Each piece has a story to it.

The game felt almost like a ritualistic cleansing of the soul after a deep wound. I felt like the Utopia in this game could be the healing and strengthening feeling you have after surviving a terrible period in your life. However, it is open to many interpretations.

I had some trouble at the beginning of the game, because I did not notice everything in the room description. Due to the speedy nature of the Tiny Utopias jam, there were many things left unimplemented. However, those who read closely will probably experience no hiccups.

If you enjoyed We Are Unfinished...

People who like We Are Unfinished also gave high ratings to these games:

You Will Select a Decision, by Brendan Patrick Hennessy
A pair of knock-off choose your own adventure books from Soviet-era Kyrgyzstan.

A Primer On The Capture And Identification Of The Little Folk Of Myth And Legend, by Krishan Coupland
Whilst researching pixies for my short story, "Blue", I stumbled across an ancient-looking field guide at the back of a local bookshop. It was called A Primer On The Capture And Identification Of The Little Folk Of Myth And Legend. The...

Citizens on the Mountaintop: The Story of the Civil War Amendments, by Ted Casaubon
A historical satire of the corporate personhood movement in America.

The following polls include votes for We Are Unfinished:

"IF with, wings of poesy" by A. I. Wulf
I would like to explore the IF works with a pinch of poetry. I want to find the IF games with a good dose of emotions collected in tranquillity, heightened by wings of poesy.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Gerynar on 4 February 2017 at 5:08pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item