We Are Unfinished

by Ade McT profile

Surreal

The last of the day's light is fading. And, without light, how can he see? A very short piece of Interactive Fiction for the TinyUtopia jam.

First Publication Date: April 18, 2016
TUID: 1ib2w8aopdus8pa

Winner - Tiny Utopia Jam

catacalypto
Possibilities in the TinyUtopias IF Jam
...a meditation on perspectives which I found wholly absorbing.

A short parser game with a haunting atmosphere about a couple, April 20, 2016
This game by Ade McT is an interesting entry in the Tiny Utopias jam. More than any other entry, this game had a haunting, desolate, stoic feel.

You play a character sat at a table who is sorting through pieces of glass in the evening light. Each piece has a story to it.

The game felt almost like a ritualistic cleansing of the soul after a deep wound. I felt like the Utopia in this game could be the healing and strengthening feeling you have after surviving a terrible period in your life. However, it is open to many interpretations.

I had some trouble at the beginning of the game, because I did not notice everything in the room description. Due to the speedy nature of the Tiny Utopias jam, there were many things left unimplemented. However, those who read closely will probably experience no hiccups.

If you enjoyed We Are Unfinished...

People who like We Are Unfinished also gave high ratings to these games:

A Good Wick, by Little Foolery
In a junction where the roads met on a flat lake, there was once a town called Pyre-on-the-Water, which experienced a thousand nights and no daylight between. We say there was once a town called Pyre-on-the-Water, because no such town...

Indigo, by Emily Short
"Years ago, a witch placed you in this tower and arranged for your upkeep, paying certain villagers well to keep you supplied with the most basic necessities, and no more. Your years in the tower have changed you. You are more or less a...

Deadline, by Marc Blank
Twelve hours to solve the mystery. One false move, and the killer strikes again. It's been called "part of the latest craze in home computing (TIME magazine), an "amazing feat of programming" (THE NEW YORK TIMES) and the "Best Adventure...

The following polls include votes for We Are Unfinished:

"IF with, wings of poesy" by A. I. Wulf
I would like to explore the IF works with a pinch of poetry. I want to find the IF games with a good dose of emotions collected in tranquillity, heightened by wings of poesy.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Gerynar on 4 February 2017 at 5:08pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item