This is the censored version of Reor's Bush-Cave
Dowload the FULL Version (gblorb)
FULL VERSION with BUILT-IN HINTS Once the game has loaded, just click "Home Page" for all the extras and the download options!
PLAY ONLINE (ALT) BEST FOR A MOBILE BROWSER
This is the older version of the game, with only 10 built-in hints. (The hint menu in the new version doesn't allow me to return to play on any of my Android devices, so I thought it best to leave this version available.)
User's Manual
Game manual with complete transcript of manuscript book PLUS clues (clues are coded, to prevent spoilers)
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.
Story File CENSORED - ALT Zcode Version - ABRIDGED
Abridged Zcode version. No in-game manuscript book, but the manuscript book is included in the game manual available from this page.

The Sprout Pouch

by Richard H.

Episode 1 of Sprout Pouch, The
Humor

The Sprout Pouch

[Censored version of Reor's Bush-Cave]

An Interactive Fiction by Richard H
Release 42 / Serial number 170426 / Inform 7 build 6M62 (I6/v6.33 lib 6/12N)

----------

EXCERPT FROM PAGE 29 IN THE MANUSCRIPT BOOK (which is an item you should be looking for during play):

I wasn't exactly sure where Reor (pronounced ROAR) had gotten off to, but I had a pretty good idea.

...and I'd always meant to see what sort of hole he'd dug up behind that bush... Ahem! Excuse me. I meant his 'Bush-Cave'. (He hates when people just call it a bush.)

Anyways, if we could but just surmount my constant digressions, the story would progress thusly: I walked slowly towards Reor's bush-cave.

Once I was around twenty paces from it, the smell nearly knocked me backwards. I didn't know what he had stashed away to rot and be rolled around in down in that hole, but I knew that I was going to have to tough it out.

I pulled my shirt up over my nose. Then, I mustered up all of my courage and began to inch slowly towards the unholy stench. It was hard to take that first step, but Pop and a couple of nice ladies were waiting for me back on that island near Greece a couple of few thousand years ago....-- and I had left them in a pretty tough spot, so I sallied forth.

With my nose under the collar of my shirt, I dropped down into the bush-cave, and...

***** Welcome to Reor's Bush-Cave! *****

*** SYSTEM MESSAGE: YOU CURRENTLY HAVE TIME. ...BUT ONLY UNTIL YOU HAVE NO TIME... WHICH SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM UNTIL JUST BEFORE 10:00 AM - WHICH IS WHEN THE GAME WILL END IF YOU'RE SLACKING... SO, YOU MAY WANT TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE POUCH(ES) TO YOUR ADVANTAGE BEFORE THEN!

MESSAGE DELIVERED: 9:00 am (game-time)***

-Please feel free to frolic about!!!
-Right now, you're in a hole beneath your cat's favorite bush.
-The Sprout Pouch you carry still sort of works, but not to its full potential.
-It is now 9:00 am. You have until the clock strikes 10:00 am to collect the necessary items and perform the actions required to get back to save Pop.
-Just remember: time is but a passage. ...or a tunnel. ...or something like that.

First Publication Date: April 8, 2017
IFID: 14E509B6-0F1C-11E7-9840-A8A7955853E1
TUID: 1cgsw7yhzpwnzavb

This is version 37 of this page, edited by R Headkid on 30 May 2017 at 10:39pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item