Rage Quest: Disciple of Peace

by John Ayliff profile

When Valtash the War God created orcs he gave them an inner rage that constantly urged them towards violence. A few orcs learned to use meditation to control this rage, and founded a remote monastery where they could live free of the War God's influence. But when the monastery is destroyed by human raiders, the last surviving Disciple of Peace must decide whether to give in to their rage and seek blood-soaked revenge, or resist and choose another path.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
Current Version: 1.0.3
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
TUID: 173yvjw9qrtjffbg

19th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

A mid-length cybertext game about orcs, rage, and peace, November 16, 2017
I beta tested this game.

In this game, you play as an orc monk who has sworn off violence. However, your monastery has been attacked, and you are the sole survivor.

The game tracks several stats, including rage and health, and you have the chance to visit three different locations on your way to the grand finale. There are several endings.

I enjoyed this game, but I wished it were longer. I felt like there wasn't enough material to grab into a story with as much background information as this one. What was there, was good though.

If you enjoyed Rage Quest: Disciple of Peace...

People who like Rage Quest: Disciple of Peace also gave high ratings to these games:

It, by Emily Boegheim
"The rules of the game are easy. I'm It, so I go and hide. You and the others count to 50, then you have to look for me. If you find me, you have to get into the hiding spot with me. If you're the last person still looking for me, then...

The Wand, by Arthur DiBianca
Explore the wizard Bartholloco's castle with the help of a versatile magic wand. Can you overcome his challenge? Can you levitate a rock? Can you slice a baltavakia? (Puzzle-oriented and family friendly.)

Mite, by Sara Dee

This is version 3 of this page, edited by John Ayliff on 17 November 2017 at 3:00pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item