You will need a DOS emulator to play, such as DOSBox.
mordred.zip
MS-DOS Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Mordred Manor

by Pete Gardner profile

Haunted House/Seasonal
1987

- From the packaging:

You are lost, on Hallowe'en Night!

The only way out of an endless back alley is through a decrepit old house known only to few as Mordred Manor.

Are you prepared, in the course of your adventures, to deal with an insane maestro, a sleepy skeleton, a mad scientist and his strangely familiar creation, and a bizarre chef, who would be delighted to have you for dinner...once you are properly cooked, of course.

Mordred Manor awaits. Do you dare enter?

- From the author:

Mordred Manor is the first of a series of four text adventure games I wrote for MindMeld Software, a company I started back in the mid-eighties. It was published under Signature Software, another company I was involved in. Until recently, I didnít even think to check whether it had made it to the Archive or not, but apparently it has. Of the four, this was the only shareware game. I hereby release it to the public domain. If I ever find copies of the other three, Iíll release them, too. If anyone is interested in helping me on this, the titles of the remaining games are The Funhouse, The Ruby of Ordeb, and The Trollmasterís Castle.

Anyone who plays this will be able to tell it came straight out of the eighties. The grammar is simplistic, the story does not attempt to be anything but fantastical, and you can die a lot. Itís designed for younger audiences (tweens specifically, although that term had yet not been coined then), but some of you grown-ups may still get a kick out of it.

You will need a DOS emulator to play this game, such as DOSBox

License: Public Domain
Development System: Custom
IFID: MZ-0FE91517FB3AB0A1E71744F39C6F5A28
TUID: 0n0yf75eg6z8mbl9

If you enjoyed Mordred Manor...

People who like Mordred Manor also gave high ratings to these games:

Aunts and Butlers, by Robin Johnson
It's 1920, you're a minor aristocrat fallen on hard times, and your wretched Aunt Cedilla is on the warpath. A Wodehousean comedy of manners, manors, mysterious butlers and unfriendly poodles.

Beyond the Titanic, by Scott Miller

the uncle who works for nintendo, by michael lutz
It will take some time to get through one game, maybe 15 to 20 minutes your first go? It has five possible endings. The original commissioned artwork (some glimpsed in the cover art) was made by the talented Kimberly Parker...

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Pete Gardner on 16 January 2010 at 12:44am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item